Okay, I will try to give you an easy website template. In order to use this, you will either need to have hosting, or forward your domain to someone else who is hosting this page for you.
I'm assuming that you have no webdesign software, so we will be using Notepad.
And you will need to change some things around, but I will explain how to do this, step by step.
- First of all, right-click here and select "save target as" to download the folder (if that does not work - send me an email and I will mail you the file: email@example.com)
- Save the file to your computer, then unpack it (you will probably need WinRAR for that)
- You will now have a folder consisting of one Index HTML file and some images.
- Go to where you have your Etsy banner stored, either as GIF or JPG.
- Copy the banner, then paste it into the folder.
- Remember what the banner is called!
- Right-click on the Index-file, Open with - then select Notepad.
- Now Do not Panic! It looks worse than it is.
- In the sixth line, you will see < title>11m2.de< /title>
- Delete 11m2.de, add your own website name. The <>< /title> needs to remain before and after your website name. This will show up in the top browser window.
- Press Ctrl+F and enter "banner_etsy.gif".
- That is what MY banner is called. You have just copied your own Etsy banner into the same folder. Remember what it was called?
- Instead of my banner file, type in your own banner file - it needs to be either .gif or .jpg
- Press Ctrl+F (Find), enter "https://11m2.etsy.com" in the field, press okay.
- It will now jump to where you find my shop address.
- Replace "11m2" with your shop name - it still needs to look like it does, with "https://".
- Two lines below, you will see "https://www.etsyforeveryone.com". That is my blog address - replace it with your own blog address.
- You do not have a blog? Then delete all of this:
< href="https://www.etsyforeveryone.com/" target="_blank">< src="https://www.blogger.com/blog.gif" alt="blog" border="0" height="40" width="150">
- Right afterwards, you can see my e-mail address: "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Leave the "mailto:" intact, just write your own address instead of mine.
- Press Ctrl+F again, write "7893814" in the field and press enter.
- Delete this number (and only this number), and write your own shop ID instead.
- Your shop ID can be found on the right side when you go to your own profile.
- SAVE in Notepad (Ctrl+S)
- Test the page by going to the folder, right-click on index.html, Open with - Internet Explorer or Firefox (or whatevery browser you are using)
- You should see your own banner, your own items should be visible, your shop should open in a new window when clicking, just as your blog, and "contact" will open a mail window with your address.
Now get yourself a drink, because you deserve it. :)
Getting it online
The page works great on your computer, but you need to get it online. This really depends on your provider and where you will host that page.
Is it going to a friend's web space? Then send him all files (HTML plus images, without my banner) and ask him to place these in ONE folder, named after your business. Once he has done that, he needs to send you the URL. This is what you need to fill in in your domain forwarding.
Do you have your own hosting? Then this needs to go into your main folder, either through FTP or however else your provider asks you to upload files.